It is incumbent upon all of us to protect our children and the children of our neighborhood. So once again I want to make a serious point. Please do not take your children to the Mikveh. There are serious halakhic issues with children going to a Mikveh with their father. Rav M. Sharabi ZTz”L forbid young men from going to Mikveh until they are married.
This becomes exponentially more important as we know that certain suspected predators are once again walking free with Nahalaot community. This is not meant to impute guilt to anyone but simply as a toelet for the community. The individuals who are currently accused of harming children are:
- Sidney “Skippy” Marcus (Under house arrest awaiting indictment)
- Benyamin Setz (still in jail under indictment)
- Naphtali Tzvi Zilberman (Under house arrest awaiting indictment)
- Yaakov Weisfish (Under house arrest awaiting indictment)
- Ben Tzion Pri Mashlanu (Still in jail under indictment)
- Zalman Kohen(he was previously convicted of rape. Currently in police custody)
I have seen one of these individuals using the community Mikveh just today. So please, please guard your children and leave them home.